Few legal matters are as personal as guardianships and conservatorships. At the Law Offices of James O. Bass, P.C., we provide personalized family law services for those entrusted to handle the affairs of a child or disabled family member under 18. A detail-oriented approach is paramount from attorneys who possess comprehensive knowledge of the Georgia laws that govern conservators and guardians.

Skilled And Seasoned Woodstock Special Needs Law Attorneys

A court-appointed guardian may be authorized by the courts to make decisions for another person, also known as the ward, who is over 18 and unable to care for themselves due to a mental deficiency, mental illness or other condition. The guardian makes a number of decisions on the ward's behalf, including health care and residence.

Conservatorships are set up for children and incapacitated adults. A conservator appointed by the court manages to make decisions regarding property and financial affairs for another person. On behalf of the ward, the conservator is responsible for any or all of the following:

  • Opening a bank account to pay bills and debts
  • Documenting protected assets and providing an inventory to the court
  • Supervising and maintaining those assets
  • Accounting for expenses paid on the protected person's behalf
  • Applying for medical, employment and government benefits

Committed To The Best Interests Of Our Clients

At the Law Offices of James O. Bass, P.C., we also represent Georgia residents seeking to end a conservatorship or guardianship. Wards who are disputing the need for a conservator and guardian can rely on us for dedicated advocacy.

Regardless of your legal needs, our lawyers will remain at your side throughout the entire process. They will quickly respond to your concerns, answer your questions and provide frequent updates on your case.

Contact Us For Help With A Guardianship Or Conservatorship

To schedule an initial consultation with attorneys committed to personalized family law, call us at 770-628-1136. You can also contact us by email.